Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week 20

Equivalent Fraction Race

We started the week with a math lesson from our math coach, Mrs. James. She helped us with equivalent fractions and adding/subtracting fractions. The kids played a game making equivalent fractions. You can see that Timothy is having fun!

Fraction Race

iPad app

The kids have been enjoying the iPads were have had access to. Math Puppy was a popular app this week. They love to play Stack the States on my iPad. Every time we have free time they want to play.

Big word

These are the students that got the big word the other day! Each day we have a big word to figure out. I post the letters in abc order and they rearrange them to find the big word. I give a ticket for the Good Job Jar to the first 3 students who get the word correct. Congrats to Talia, Max, and Amerrit!

STUDENTS: I'm getting excited about starting chemistry soon! We just need to finish the digestive system and the light path. Then we start our big chemistry unit. What has been your favorite thing we have done in science so far this year?

21 comments:

  1. i dont know i liked most of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of it but I think most of all I liked the bones because I like bones..... Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circulatory system because of the sheep hearts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked doing the circulatory system because we got to digest a sheeps heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Favorite part was the circulatory system because we got to digest a sheep's heart but it was kind of smelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys! It is dissect, not digest. If you digest it that means you ate it. Ew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. claudia martinez ;] ;]January 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM

    Heller my favorite part was when we got to dissect the sheep heart!;] 8]

    ReplyDelete
  8. i not really sure just yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amerrit.My favorite is when we disected the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like disecting but i really don't remember anything from the begining of school!!!!!!!
    love,
    leighAnna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I meant to say was dissect, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Fav. is when we disected hearts. The heart looked like chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great site. I wanted to thank you for the inspiration in my middle school classroom. Please see the link below.

    http://minimatisse.blogspot.com/2012/01/homeroom-trophy-and-twitter.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these ideas! Do you have a pdf of the math page? I'd love to use it!

    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do you play the Equivalent Fractions Race? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. To play equivalent fractions you need 2 dice. Roll them both (they can't both be the same number). Put the small number on top and the large number on the bottom to form a fraction. Once you and your partner have a fraction written down you race to fill up the row with equivalent fractions. The first one to the end of the row (with correct answers) wins that round.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your equivalent fractions game. Are you willing to share the document? Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. FWIW, the second line made a common error by skipping 12.

    We get so used to counting powers of 2 that, at least for me, when I skip-count fours, I often skip 12!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is there a way to get the Equivalent Fractions Document?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is there a way to get the Equivalent Fractions Document?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.